By April Brewster Smythe
The 21st century has brought the consumer a host of choices when it comes to hot tubs. But, first it is important to understand the basics in order to make an informed purchasing decision. These days’ hot tubs and spas are made of ready-made plastic in a wide variety of shades. Hot tubs and spas consumers now have lounging chairs, cup holders, jets. The hot tub and spa has become a home retreat for many who require a relaxing place to go after a hectic, stress-filled day.
The initial step after deciding to purchase a hot tub or spa is hot tub installation Now that all hot tubs and spas have gone to durable free standing units, they are singularly contained. The motors, tub, filters and heaters are enclosed in one component.
Here are four steps to hot tub installation;
- Site Selection: Most hot tub or spa consumers have already decided on where they are going to place the hot tub or spa after purchase, but it is important to keep in mind the following; a full tub is heavy, the structural reliability of the area where the hot tub or spa will be placed is of utmost importance, an unreliable area can cancel a warranty in some cases, outdoor hot tubs and spas must have ample drainage, so rain will not fill around the spa.
- Surface must be leveled before filling the hot tub or spa with water
- Advance access to circuit panels and power sources before installation is paramount.
- Available access to the hot tub or spas compartment panel for service after the hot tub or spa is installed.
- In-ground hot tubs are much more expensive, but many property holders love the idea of the beauty of this added luxury to their homes. Hot tub and spa repair services are cognizant of the requirements for this type of addition.
While the choices of hot tubs and spas have grown in the last decade or so, the installation process is really quite simple once the above factors are taken into account. A water hose and a reliable power supply source can have this relaxing hot tub as a well-appointed adjunct to the home in no time.
Next time, the ultimate hot tub resource will look at hot tub materials. Please click here for more information on how we can help you understand more about the installation and requirement for hot tub installation.